the credit union difference
Low-Cost Financial Services
Founded on the basic democratic premise of the cooperative movement, credit unions believe that access to low-cost financial services is critical to the health and stability of ordinary citizens.
Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives serving members who share something in common; employment, association membership, or residence in a particular geographic area.
board of directors
* During 2012 there were no changes in senior management, or bylaws of incorporation.
Request our 990 report
Make a formal request
To obtain a 990 report copy, please stop by our offices or send CMECU a formal written request addressed to the Board's chairman.
Latest financial summary
Read about our progress
Learn all about CMECU's assets and financial status simply by clicking on the button below.
|Read the report|
Who can join?
- All employees of the cities of Hidalgo County
- Members of the Volunteer Fire Departments of cities within Hidalgo County
- All employees of Hidalgo County
- Employees of the hospitals within Hidalgo County who are not being served by other credit unions
- Employees of health services organizations within Hidalgo County
- Any individual who lives, works or worships within a 10 mile radius of the Main Office
Required for membership
- Valid state driver's license or ID
- Proof of address
- Social Security card
- A $25.00 minimum desposit
- A $1.00 one time membership fee
- Hidalgo County Employees are charged a $5.00 annual fee for payroll deduction